April 22, 2014

Simple and Clean/ Paleo Lunch

A common question people have when wondering about a paleolithic diet, or especially how to follow it 1. on a budget and 2. when you have small children and a family and need simple meals, is what do you eat. (see # 3).  

This was literally "thrown together" in a pinch for lunch today, because I had two small children running circles around my feet, ready for their lunch and some rest time, soon.

I took frozen Ahi tuna from Trader Joe's and thawed it in cold water as I went to pick the kids up from school. Next I sauteed the tuna in ghee (clarified butter- you could do coconut or olive oil in place of butter) , coconut aminos (some people use regular liquid aminos but I try to really limit soy), and fresh squeezed lemon juice. I put this over organic romaine lettuce and drizzled it with olive oil, coconut aminos, and lemon juice. Lastly I cut a whole hothouse cucumber up and served it on the side. 

Between all the protein from the tuna, and the fat from the ghee and olive oil, and the fiber from the veggies, I won't be hungry again until supper.  

Try it. Enjoy it!  Eating clean makes you feel great!    


No comments :

Post a Comment