February 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Yum Yum!

Thursday was my sister's birthday, and Friday we had the joy of having some of the family over to celebrate the blessing she is to us!   As we walked around the store on Friday afternoon, my children excitedly exclaimed to every passerby "HEY!  We're having Yum Yum's birthday party!!"  (Which essentially sounded like "HEY! We're having a Yum Yum Party!!") That got us a few good looks but we figured, heck, its Valentines, let em' have their cake and eat it too.  Side note- Yum Yum is the knickname she affectionately accrued when my niece was a child.

We had a great night filled with lots of laughter and pizza and cheesecake brownies.

Her with a lap full of a lot of love and laughter.  We are blessed!  
So on the blog today I feature the girl who loves my babies like they are her own, was my maid of honor, is the mother of my favorite nephews, and never says no when I ask to "look through your closet b/c I can't find anything to wear for this or that". And who would always belt out "Cheeseburger in Paradise" with me at the top of our lungs when we were younger :>)
My beautiful maid of honor!

You can count on finding my children in her lap when we're
together.  They love her lots.  

With her twin boys, in 2011, at our brother's rehearsal dinner



With my twins in 2011.  Told ya, always count on
 finding my children in her lap! 

The Bemis girls at our brother's wedding in 2011 (minus my Collins
 who was too young to attend the wedding and Douglas who wasn't around yet!)  
The day my babies were born.  

Bemis triplets with our girl babies.  2010.  

Happy Birthday Yum Yum!!  You are a beautiful, devoted, strong, loving  woman, sister, daughter, mother, friend and aunt.  You give it your all always, tirelessly.  We are blessed by you!

No comments :

Post a Comment