February 15, 2013

Someday When You're Looking Back On Your Life...

This is gonna be one of those (nights).  For me, it'll be all day today that I remember fondly. 

This is my 5th day Paleo.  I gotta admit, I realized lately how much more energy I have since I've been doing Paleo food at such a high rate for the last 6 weeks.  I have had in those 6 weeks, 5 cheat meals.  I've also noticed that my demeanor and mood swings are smoothing out (but some of that is honest, hard, intention and a lottta prayer, and encouraging literature about parenting/marriage, along with spending a lot of time with good role models). 

Today was filled with wonderful moments.  I started out with my girl baby getting in my bed to watch cartoons while I went back to sleep :>)  Then the three of us cuddled in the rocking chair by a hot fire with coffee (are you seeing a routine to our non school day mornings??) 

Next we got ready to head out to visit my brother and sister in law, and my two favorite neices :>)  When I told my children we were going to visit them, they started doing something that resembled break dancing on the floor.  I think they were excited?  We picked up my sweet aunt on the way to visit. She is so special to me. She has always been a second mother/ like a grandmother, to me, my daughter's namesake.  I spent half or more of my childhood at her home.  I love her.  At our visit I got plenty (but not nearly enough) baby lovin' from their 6 day old.  I must have offered a thousand times to bring her home with me so they could "get a break", but for some reason they wouldn't let me bring her home with me.  Sigh.  Maybe if I keep asking.  She was the sweetest little heart warming thing.  She was awake the entire hour I held her, just looking around, but did not say a word the whole time.  Just as content as could be.  I love her. 


After our visit, we came home and napped.  After naps, the weather outside was beckoning us.  We walked around the neighborhood for awhile, then went to the park.  And then stopped at Whole Foods, again, to get stuff for supper.  Yes, I go there 2 or 3 times a day sometimes by accident. Sometimes on purpose. 
For supper I prepared a stir fry.  I did steak, shrimp, zucchini and onions, stir fried in olive oil, sea salt, garlic, pepper, and aminos.  Cave girl devoured the shrimp and Cave boy devoured the steak. This is the boy who for the first 2 years of his life wouldn't touch meat, and would only eat starches.  But, as mentioned in a previous post, when the starches disappeared from his tray, he developed a love for meat :>) 

I had the best time enjoying my sweet babies today.

Sweet sunshine everywhere I look. You love me like no one could. Life is good. .
 I am so thankful for God's mercy on me as a mother, and his continuing sanctification and reedeming love in my life. I have a lot of "mommy guilt" that I deal with and work through, so days like today are so good for my heart and I am just so thankful for days like this. My heart has been refreshed to have extra time with the babies these last two days.  Their laughter and smiles and giggles soothe my soul.  We are blessed beyond measure by the gifts in our life!! 

 Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.
 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. (Psalm 127:3-4 ESV)


Joy Dare: A gift in losing something, in finding something, and making something
-losing my desire to be SO domineering and perfectionistic
-finding a desire to lead a life filled with the important things (relationships)
-I love making food.  My husband and I have always joked that my kitchen is my art studio. 

No comments :

Post a Comment