February 13, 2014

Interview With a Three Year Old

I started the tradition of asking my kids each a series of questions for their birthdays when they turned three this past September.  I imagine the fun it will be to look back over their answers as they get older and compare them year to year.  Today I am sharing my interview with my Collins.  Check back soon for Luke's answers!!


Just a month over three here.


My favorite TV show:  Dora!

My favorite color: Purple

My favorite toy:  playing with legos
                   

When I grow up I want to be: A mommy.
                    ( Best compliment I ever got.)


My favorite thing to take to bed with me at night: Water and My pillow pet!
                   

My favorite book is: butterflies, Mary and Joseph

My favorite food:  coconuts, spaghetti and bananas
                     
My favorite animal: A unicorn.  I can ride on them.  And I like their babies.
                       
My best friend:  Lucy and McNeill and Mommy and Daddy
                          (She surely loves that Lucy girl!)

My favorite holiday:  Halloween
                     

Third birthday at the beach house.  Messy face=good times! 

Favorite drink: coffee, milk, water, and juice
                            (don't judge....)

Favorite Song: Jesus Loves Me
                             (the one song we've been singing to her regularly since she was a minute old)

Favorite thing to play outside: push my baby in the stroller and go to the park
                           


She gets it from her mama.


*My addition* She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lalaloopsy, Doc McStuffins, Peppa Pig, and Curious George.  She loves to make a pallet and cuddle by the fire.  She loves to play dress up and all things princess. She loves to paint and draw with markers and crayons and chalk.  She loves to play house.  She loves to help cook and bake and put groceries away.  She loves playing with her baby dolls and being their "mommy".  She  likes to swaddle them at bedtime and take them everywhere she goes.  She has to have her blankie and her babies and her books at bedtime. She loves Dr. Seuss.  The coconuts she said she loves to eat are really Puffins cereal.  She also loves mac n cheese, green beans, all fruits, yogurt, cheese and pizza) All animals fascinate her. She loves going to the zoo and to Grandaddy's farm.  She loves when she gets to visit her Gigi and Pops, Mimi, Yum Yum, and the boys.  Ice cream and sprinkles are her most favorite.    
 She loves to swing and slide and play chase and ride tricycles and go for wagon rides and walks around the  neighborhood, and play in sand and snow and throw food to the fish in our creek, play in a bubble bath, and blow bubbles.

Snow Day 1 of plenty for 2014

She's one heck of a quotable girl, but one of my favorite quotes from this year is from our annual birthday beach trip for her and Luke.  She was bunking up with my mom for the week.  They were laying in bed reading one of mom's magazines, and I walked in to say goodnight and kissed them both.  Then it occurred to me that I wondered if Collins realized that her Mimi was my Mommy.

Me: Collins, did you know this was my mom?
Collins:  (pointing at my mom) that's your mom??.... I love your mom.

Whatever this girls favorite's are, she is my favorite girl.  And I can't imagine my life without her in it.  She brings so much love and joy and laughter to our house.  Id like to keep her this age for always and ever.
Pure joy. 

XOXO,
Kira
                           

No comments :

Post a Comment